WHAT IS HEMORRHOID BANDING?
- A non-surgical painless approach to internal hemorrhoid treatment used by Matthew Eidem, M.D. in Plano, TX
- Dr. Eidem uses the CRH O’Reagan Hemorrhoid banding system which places a small rubber band just above a column of hemorrhoids which cuts off the blood supply and allows for the hemorrhoid to shrink which often leads to resolution of symptoms
HOW OFTEN DOES THE HEMORRHOID BANDING PROCEDURE NEED TO BE DONE?
- One band is placed during each visit and visits are generally 2 weeks apart
- Three to four visits are usually required to resolve or significantly reduce symptoms
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR HEMORRHOID BANDING?
- No bowel preparation is necessary
- Blood thinners do need to be held prior to and after banding
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AFTER HEMORRHOID BANDING?
- No sedation is given, so there are no driving restrictions after the banding
- Patients will generally have a sensation of pressure and fullness in the anal area for several hours after the banding but should not experience pain
- Heavy lifting and strenuous exercise should be avoided for 24 hours after banding
- A small amount of bleeding can be seen after banding but a large amount of rectal bleeding is not expected
- Patents will continue to have normal bowel movements after banding